Deadline approaching for entries for a chance at scholarship
In celebration of our upcoming 30th Anniversary, we are offering a unique scholarship opportunity of a complimentary place on our renowned Botanical Painting Diploma Course commencing January 2013.
This part time one-year course will guide the chosen applicant through the steps of accurate illustration of plant material in watercolours, by developing the necessary observational and drawing skills within a historical and scientific context.
- The principles of botanical painting taught using a series of highly structured exercises
- Visits to museums and galleries
- Taught by leading botanists and botanical painters, including Angeline de Meester, Helen Allen, Mariella Baldwin, Sarah Gould, Lucy T Smith
- Classes held on Mondays from 10.30am to 3.15pm. The course takes place over three 10-week terms, each with a week-long half term, starting January 2013
Entrants do not need to have previous experience of botanical painting, but a high level of commitment is required.
How to enter : by Post – Submissions must be made no later
than 31st October 2012
- In 100 words or less tell us about the botanical artists who most inspire you and why?
- In one sentence describe a botanical subject you would really enjoy painting.
- What would winning this scholarship mean to you? 100 words or less
Post your submission to Mary Ellen Taylor
The English Gardening School, Chelsea Wharf, 15 Lots Road,
London SW10 0 QJ